Police ‘concern’ over man who grabbed teen in park

The pictures released by police in the hope someone can identify a man whose behaviour is described as concerning.
The pictures released by police in the hope someone can identify a man whose behaviour is described as concerning.
0
Have your say

Police have today told of their concern over the behaviour of a man who tried to grab a schoolgirl as she walked through a Blackpool park.

Detectives have today renewed their appeal to help catch the man, who attempted to grab the 15-year-old last month.

The pictures released by police in the hope someone can identify a man whose behaviour is described as concerning.

The pictures released by police in the hope someone can identify a man whose behaviour is described as concerning.

The man thought to be in his 40s, followed the teenage girl through Stanley Park 
before grabbing her arm as she cut down the path between the golf course and the lake, police said.

Fortunately the girl managed to run off and continue her journey to St Mary’s school after the 8.15am incident on July 2.

But Det Sgt Chris Sanderson, of Blackpool CID, said the investigation into the incident was still very much active and officers are determined to find this man whose behaviour is “concerning”.

He said: “I want people to concentrate on this CCTV image of the offender. Someone somewhere will recognise this man, he is someone’s friend or neighbour. I want people to 
focus on the man’s clothing and see if they recognise him.

“So far we think this is an isolated incident but this man’s behaviour is very concerning.”

The victim, noticed the man acting suspiciously after leaving her home near Whitegate Drive and making her way down Woodlands Grove towards the park.

Police said she was unhurt in the incident but was left shaken.

The attacker is described as white, aged around 40 years old and 5ft 8ins tall.

He was bald, had stubble on his face, a chunky build and was wearing black trousers, a light blue shirt and a water proof jacket. Det Sgt Sanderson said; “I urge anyone who recognises the man in the CCTV image to come forward.”

Follow us on twitter @The_Gazette and like our page on facebook to keep up with all the latest news.