Mum took drug overdose

Blackpool Victoria Hospital
Blackpool Victoria Hospital
0
Have your say

A MOTHER-of three died after taking an overdose of medication, an inquest heard.

Samantha Elsa Bennett was found unconscious at her St Annes home by her mother. She was taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital, where she later died.

The 35-year-old hairdresser had a history of depression and had taken overdoses in the past.

The inquest heard Mrs Bennett, of Walter Avenue, St Annes, had taken a cocktail of medication and alcohol prior to her death.

A post mortem revealed she died of poisoning by an antidepressant called amitriptyline and alcohol.

Caroline Leech, Mrs Bennett’s mother, today paid tribute to her daughter. She said: “She was a great mother who provided and cared for her children.

“She was a great hairdresser and beautician.

“We are a close family and we supported her. But I know she had a lot of problems. She was behind with the rent. I think it all built up.”

Mrs Bennett died on July 22 in hospital.

Blackpool coroner Anne Hind recorded a verdict that she took her own life.