A man sent a text message telling his sister he was “going to join mum and dad, I’ll be safer with them” before taking his own life.
An inquest heard Sebastian Gaye was killed by morphine poisoning after overdosing on the painkilling medication.
Mr Gaye had been taking the drug for some years and had had his leg amputated below the knee, an operation needed after he fled from an arson attack on his home with broke a leg and smashed heels.
He was found on December 1, in the kitchen of his home on Claremont Court, Blackpool, after his worried family alerted police. He was 59.
Blackpool and Fylde Coroner Alan Wilson said: “He had ingested high levels of morphine and anti depressants, the combined effects of which proved fatal.
“Sebastian Gaye took his own life.”