A 25-year-old Blackpool man has been arrested on suspicion of robbing a man on a Blackpool street.
A 33-year-old had left the Galleon Bar on Abingdon Street at 1am on Sunday when he was violently attacked and robbed of his phone and cash by two men. The attack happened several hundred yards from the venue close to Springfield Road and General Street.
Police yesterday revealed one man had been arrested on suspicion of theft. CCTV footage from inside the bar of two wanted men had been released by police earlier this week.
Stephen Pierre, owner of the Galleon Bar, said: “We have assisted the Police on numerous occasions with CCTV footage, employ two security SIA registered door staff operate a strict ID door policy and run a ‘tight ship’.
“When I hear of violent attacks in Blackpool it personally saddens me.
“I I hope that other businesses in the area have provided CCTV to assist the police with their investigation. I feel that the police in this day and age have a difficult task in Blackpool fighting crime without operative town centre CCTV.
“This case proves that it should be reinstated.”
nIn the original police appeal in The Gazette on Wednesday, we included details which were based upon information provided by Lancashire Police which said the attack happened “near” the venue.
The article was published in good faith.
We are happy to clarify the attack did not happen outside the Galleon Bar, as stated. We apologise to the proprietors of the Galleon Bar for any distress caused.