DCSIMG

Man arrested after early morning blaze

Fire engine

Fire engine

A man was arrested after a fire broke out at a South Shore home killing a dog.

Crews were called to an address on Hill Street at 3.15am on Wednesday. 
An occupant had left the property, where flames had engulfed the ground floor, and was led to safety by firefighters before being taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
A Staffordshire bull terrier died in the blaze.
Crews from South Shore Fire Station tackled the flames which caused fire, heat and smoke damage to the home. A 59-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson.

Follow us on twitter @The_Gazette and like our page on facebook to keep up with all the latest news.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page