DCSIMG

Man accused of child porn racket charge

Blackpool Magistrates Court

Blackpool Magistrates Court

A man accused of being involved in a worldwide child prostitution and pornography racket has made his first appearance at court.

Christopher Leack, 48, of Suffolk Road, Marton, faces five charges of facilitating and arranging the prostitution and involvement in pornography of children.

Leack, a former company secretary of a music wholesale firm, whose business closed down two months ago, faces offences which are alleged to involve children in the Philippines from the age of six to eight-years-old between May last year and May this year.

Peter Bardsley, prosecuting, said the allegations involved Leack organising with a company in the Philippines to watch live sex shows involving children.

He asked for the case to be heard at crown court.

Defence lawyer Brett Chappell said his client had indicated he would plead not guilty to all the charges.

Leack was bailed to appear at Preston Crown Court on March 2 by Blackpool magistrates.

He must not have any unsupervised contact with children under 16 unless agreed to by social services as a condition of his bail.

Leack is the second UK citizen to appear at court following an investigation by the Royal Military Police and civilian police.

The first defendant to appear at court accused of being involved with the child porn network was an engineer from Thornton/ 
Cleveleys area.

Others being investigated, including a high-ranking Army officer, are currently on police bail.

Follow us on twitter @The_Gazette and like our page on facebook to keep up with all the latest news.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page