Businessman confronted by a gang of men and left for dead in alleyway

Lord Harber posted a picture of his trip to Cambodia on Twitter
Lord Harber posted a picture of his trip to Cambodia on Twitter

A lord who presides over almost 15,000 acres of land has today spoken out after he was viciously attacked in Blackpool.

Lord Perry Harber – who has a vast portfolio of nightclubs and bars and regularly holidays in Monaco – was hit over the head with a vodka bottle and left for dead in an alleyway.

I tried to get back to my car but I was spotted by a hotelier who helped me and called the police.

The Good Samaritan was investigating a disturbance at a property on Dickson Road belonging to a friend as she was out of town.

He has today told of his ordeal when he was confronted by members of a gang of men, thought to have been squatting inside.

Lord Harber, who has invested in a number of businesses in Lytham, told The Gazette: “I do not stand for this kind of behaviour from anybody. If I had not got up I would have died that night.”

Detectives continue to investigate the attack, which took place in an alleyway behind Dickson Road on January 1 this year.

The Gazette reported the attack at the time but Lord Harber – whose full title is Lord of the Manor of Glascombe, a small parish in Wales – has now revealed he was the victim of the vicious attack.

The businessman and charity fundraiser said he is still recovering from his injuries.

Speaking from his Surrey home, Lord Harber said he was phoned by the landlady of the property, who asked him to investigate a noise that had been reported to her.

Lord Harber, who was staying on the Fylde coast at the time, said he arrived and saw a group of men inside when he looked through a downstairs kitchen window.

When they saw him, two of the men crawled through the bottom of a broken door and confronted him, he said.

Lord Harber added: “I was then struck on the head from behind with a full bottle of vodka and, moments later, hit over the head with a brick.”

While on the ground he was trampled by some of the men as they fled the scene, he said.

“They had no idea who I am,” Lord Harber added, calling the attack ‘unacceptable’.

He added: “When I got up there was blood everywhere.

“I tried to get back to my car but I was spotted by a hotelier who helped me and called the police.”

He said he has been left with ongoing head injuries and severe back trauma.

However, he said he still plans to return to Blackpool, adding: “The town has come a long way. It is an excellent holiday resort.”

Lancashire Police was unable to provide an update on the investigation yesterday.

Back in January, a force spokesman said: “We believe the assault was carried out by one man.

“However a number of other individuals were believed to have been at the property at the time.

“They are suspected to have been squatting there.”

Call police on 101.