Firefighters were sent to battle a blaze at Walkabout in Blackpool in the early hours of Sunday.
It comes just three days after the first anniversary of a fire which ripped through the building on Queen Street, destroying the bar.
Though this time the fire was contained to the basement, and took a crew from Forest Gate just 40 minutes to put out.
Crew manager Mark Warwick said the cause of the fire, which broke out just after midnight, was believed to be a discarded cigarette, which had been thrown from the street landing in the basement.
Crew manager Warwick said: “The fire caused smoke damage to the basement and a bit of burning to the facias.
“This is quite a common occurrence when people are smoking close to buildings, and we recommend that if they are going to smoke they do so away from entrances to shops and bars and discard their cigarettes in an appropriate way.”
Police closed the road so the firefighters could access the building.