Crews rescue dog in blaze

editorial image
0
Have your say

A DOG had to be rescued from a flat after a fire broke out.

Firefighters were called to a property on Sherbourne Road, Bispham, at around 7am yesterday morning.

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service bosses said a tea towel had been left on a warm cooking hob by a home owner who had gone out.

The towel then ignited, leading to smoke damage in the property.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus went into the property to tackle the flames and rescued the animal while inside.

Meanwhile, all the occupants of nearby flats in the building were also evacuated in case the fire spread to adjacent properties.

The Jack Russell dog was unhurt and no injuries were reported to other home owners.

Follow us on twitter @The_Gazette and like our page on facebook to keep up with all the latest news.