Council van bursts into flames

A Blackpool Council Van is destroyed by fire on Argosy Avenue in Grange Park.'PICTURE by GAZETTE READER FRANK RYAN
A Blackpool Council Van is destroyed by fire on Argosy Avenue in Grange Park.'PICTURE by GAZETTE READER FRANK RYAN
0
Have your say

THIS Blackpool Council van was reduced to a blackened shell following a ferocious blaze on Grange Park.

The van was parked on Argosy Avenue on the Blackpool estate at 9am yesterday when a worker noticed smoke and dialled 999.

The gathered crowd was moved back to safety as firefighters from Blackpool Fire Station tackled the blaze, caused by a generator overheating.

A safety conscious council worker had left the doors close while a generator was on inside according to Martin Bell, crew manager at the fire station.

He said: “Staff did not want to leave the doors open which caused the generator to overheat.”