A schoolgirl who got more than she bargained for in her Happy Meal is now scared to eat chicken.
Six-year-old Paige Wilding-Merry was tucking into a McDonalds’ chicken nugget when she discovered a bone in her takeaway food.
Dad Stephen Merry, 33, from St Annes, bought his daughter the meal from Blackpool’s Cherry Tree Lane restaurant, and was with her when she found the bone.
Mr Merry said: “It wasn’t nice for her at all.
“She’s scared to eat chicken now because she was horrified.
“She took a bite out of the chicken nugget and it chipped her tooth, so we got her to spit it out and saw it was a bone. You could see it was a proper chicken bone because the marrow was still in it.”
The furious father, of St David’s Road North, is now demanding the fast food giant investigate how the 2cm bone got in to his daughter’s meal.
He added: “I phoned them and they were very apologetic and asked me to send it in, but I’m not sure what to do because they will just say ‘it wasn’t us’ and here’s a free McDonalds. I’m afraid they (McDonalds) are going to turn around and say it’s not our fault.”
The incident took place in late February.
A spokesman for McDonalds said: “We are sorry for Mr Merry’s and his daughter’s experience when visiting our restaurant.
“Food safety and product quality are our highest priority, and both our restaurants and our suppliers place great emphasis on quality control in order to avoid imperfections in our products.
“Our customer services department has been in touch with Mr Merry and once we receive the object we will be able to investigate this further.”