DCSIMG

Blackpool bar blaze

Tapas Fire

Tapas Fire

A Blackpool bar was damaged when a fire broke out in the basement.

Firefighters were called to Tapas Bar, on Queen Street, at 11am today when it is believed a cigarette dropped into the cellar and sparked the blaze.

Crews from Blackpool fire station attended the incident, and tackled the blaze wearing breathing apparatus.

Mark Preddy, crew manager at Blackpool fire station, said: “We were there for about half an hour and there was damage in the basement.

“It was an accidental fire.

“Cigarettes fell down into the basement but an investigation is underway.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page