Caravan fire causes explosion

editorial image
0
Have your say

AN investigation has been launched after a gas canister exploded during a caravan fire.

Firefighters were called to a field on Fairfield Road, near Poulton, after residents reported a huge bang and flames coming from the vehicle.

An LPG gas cylinder had exploded inside the mobile home.

The caravan was situated in a field close to a controversial travellers site, although the vehicle did not belong to those living on the camp.

The unoccupied vehicle was completely destroyed in the blaze, which started at around 10.10pm and raged for two hours.

Two crews from Blackpool Fire Station attended the scene and doused the flames.

FOR FULL STORY SEE MONDAY’S GAZETTE