Candle burner causes living room fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

A CANDLE burner helped to cause a living room fire in a property in Blackpool last night.

Fire crews from Bispham and Fleetwood attended the incident on North Drive and used a hose reel and a ventilation unit to extinguish the fire.

A spokesman from the fire service said: “Thankfully there were smoke detectors fitted in the property which alerted the occupiers and all were able to get out safely. There was some fire damage to the candle burner and some heat damage to a section of wallpaper.”

The incident occurred at around 8pm.