Six Blackpool based businesswomen have been announced as finalists in the 2013 Enterprise Vision Awards (EVA’s), the only business awards in the North West exclusive to women.
The awards, now in their third year, received a record-breaking number of entries meaning the competition to make the shortlist was fierce.
The Fylde Coast businesswomen who have made it this far are:
• Claire Freshney of C Fresh Design (Young Entrepreneur category)
• Kristen Durose of Red Star Wealth Management (Financial Services category)
• Emma Colsey-Nicholls of ECN Bodyworks (Health & Fitness category)
• Denise Almond of DMA Accountants (Financial category)
• Julie Dewhirst of Julie Dewhirst Bookkeeping (Blackpool Networker of the Year)
• Marilyn Read of the CACI Clinic (Health & Fitness category and Lytham Networker of the Year). Now Claire, Kristen, Emma, Denise and Marilyn will be grilled by the panel of judges.
Julie and Marilyn were both voted Networker of the Year by fellow business women at the Blackpool Pink Link Ladies and Lytham Pink Link Ladies networking groups and will now be in the running to take the title of North West networker of the Year.
Heather Waters of headline sponsor, NatWest said: “We are delighted to sponsor the EVA Awards 2013 and pleased to see so many female entrepreneurs shortlisted again this year.
“The EVA Awards play an important part in supporting and recognising female entrepreneurial growth in the Lancashire region, something at NatWest we are committed to supporting ourselves.
Fellow judge and sponsor of the Business Woman of the Year category, Peter Legg of Blackpoolunlimited.com said: “This is a highly competitive set of awards that recognises the leadership qualities of individual women in business, their distinct style, personal values, growth achievements and ambition.”
Now in their third year, the EVA’s which were founded by Lancashire-based networking group, Pink Link Ladies.
The winners will be announced at a glittering ceremony held at Hilton Blackpool hotel on Friday, October 4 and will be hosted by 2012 double winner, Isla Wilson of Ruby Star Associates.