The winners of the North West Society of Chartered Accountants (NWSCA) accountancy and business awards 2013 were announced at a ceremony and black-tie dinner in Blackpool.
Businesses and professionals from across the region attended the event at the Hilton Hotel to celebrate their achievements over the past year, and among the winners at the sell-out event were Blackpool-based Nutrition Group Plc and Helena Lavin from Trinity Hospice.
The winners were revealed following a judging panel comprising the competition’s organisers and sponsors, and were presented with an engraved glass trophy to commemorate their success.
The awards were hosted by journalist and broadcaster Tony Livesey and featured a live performance from Michael Bublé tribute artist Gavin Young.
Mark Schofield, president of the NWSCA, said: “The awards recognise and celebrate commitment to excellence and it has been inspiring to be involved in this year’s competition and judging process. I’d like to congratulate all our winners on their achievements; and to thank our sponsors for their contributions to this year’s awards.”
The winners were:
• Accountancy firm of the year (sponsored by Taylor Patterson) – PM+M
• Accountancy Rising Star (sponsored by AFR Consulting) – Julie Livesey, JD Sports Fashion Plc
• Corporate Finance Team (sponsored by Enterprise Ventures) – Pierce Corporate Finance Limited
• Finance Director of the Year (sponsored by Xero) – Helena Lavin, Trinity Hospice
• Intermediary of the Year (sponsored by The Write Angle) – Taylors Solicitors
• International Business of the Year (sponsored by Napthens Solicitors) – ACDC Lighting
• RBS Business of the Year (sponsored by RBS) – Nutrition Group Plc
• President’s Award – SBC Ltd