Blackpool Pleasure Beach has been named in the Top 10 amusement parks in Europe.
The attraction was one of only two UK entries in TripAdvisor’s list in ninth position.
The home of Peppa Pig World in Hampshire was ranked top.
The positions were based on the quantity and quality of reviews for amusement parks over a 12-month period.
The ranking put the Pleasure Beach second in the UK, behind Paultons Park, which features a section dedicated to popular pre-school television character Peppa Pig, and acres of Jurassic landscape..
A spokesman for the Pleasure Beach said: “We are delighted to be named second best amusement park in the UK and 9th best in Europe in the Trip Advisor Traveller’s Choice awards.
“It is a testament to the hard work and dedication of all of our staff.
“We have achieved this placing through the quality of our rides and attractions and also by offering our visitors a great value day out.”
The European list was topped by Europa-Park in Rust, Germany, with the runner-up spot going to Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Walt Disney Studios Park, which is one of two theme parks at Disneyland Paris, was ranked just above Blackpool’s star attraction, at eighth.
The top 10 amusement parks in the UK according to TripAdvisor are:
1. Paultons Park, Romsey, Hampshire
2. Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Lancashire
3. Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire
4. Adventure Island, Southend, Essex
5. Brighton Pier, Brighton
6. Drayton Manor, Tamworth, Staffordshire
7. The Milky Way Adventure Park, Clovelly, Devon
8. GreenWood Forest Park, Y Felinheli, Gwynedd
9. Legoland Windsor
10. West Midland Safari and Leisure Park, Worcestershire