Blackpool and Dicko sink Charlton

A LIAM Dickinson double secured back to back wins for Blackpool as they deservedly beat Charlton.

Dickinson followed up his matchwinning brace at Plymouth last weekend with two more second half strikes at a freezing Bloomfield Road.

The 23-year-old headed in Lee Hendrie's corner two minutes after the break to give the Seasiders a deserved lead.

And the frontman, on loan from Derby until New Year's Day, scored again on 56 minutes when he lacthed onto

Hendrie's lobbed pass and scored at the second attempt after Nicky Weaver had managed to block his first effort.

Pool fiully merited their victory after outplaying a hugely disappointing Charlton side for almost the full 90 minutes.

>> Grayson hopes to build on Charlton win

>> Saturday's Championship review

It was a third home victory for Simon Grayson's men and only the second time this season that they have secured consecutive victories.

Blackpool had dominated the opening 45 minutes.

Dickinson had a header cleared off the line on his home debut, while Adam Hammill - starting in place of Gary

Taylor-Fletcher - hit the bar with a deflected cross.

Charlton looked nervous at the back, perhaps to be expected from a side without a win in 11 games and which lost its manager Alan Pardew a fortnight ago.

Pool took a while to get going and Paul Rachubka was forced to make a fine sprawling stop to deny Andy Gray from close range after Deon Burton had headed down Jay McEveley's left wing cross.

But then the Seasiders began to dominate and forced nine corners before half time.

From the final one, Charlton only half cleared and Kyel Reid's low shot from 18 yards was deflected just the wrong side of the post by a defender.

Ian Evatt picked up his fifth yellow card of the season, which means he is suspended for next Saturday's game at Nottingham Forest. The yellow card was extremely harsh, Evatt penalised for cleanly winning the ball in a tackle with Deon Burton.

Referee Michael Jones was having an off day and the crowd let him know when he walked down the tunnel at half time.

Earlier, Taylor-Fletcher was dropped for the first time this season.

The Seasiders winger was on the bench. Hammill played wide right and Kyel Reid, on loan from West Ham, continued on the left and made his home debut.

Also on show for the first time in front of the Bloomfield Road faithful was striker Dickinson.

He replaced Steve Kabba, who dropped to the bench. Also among the subs was Alan Gow, who didn't get on until three minutes from time when he replaced Ben Burgess.

All of which meant that Simon Grayson made two changes to the team which beat Plymouth.

Charlton were poor throughout and Phil Parkinson, who replaced the sacked Alan Pardew a fortnight ago, has a big job on his hands to get the Addicks out of the bottom three.

Parkinson has been appointed on a temporary basis and in midweek saw his team keep a clean sheet for the first time in 13 games as they drew 0-0 at home to Southampton.

Burton started up front for the Addicks but couldn't score his second goal at Bloomfield Road in a fortnight.

Burton had struck for Sheffield Wednesday in the Owls recent 2-0 defeat of Pool, joining Charlton on loan 48 hours later.

This was a big win for Pool and gives them a nice gap over the bottom three. The recent run of four straight

defeats is fast becoming a distant memory.

POOL: Rachubka, Barker, Evatt, Edwards, Martin, Hammill, Southern, Hendrie, Reid, Burgess, Dickinson.

Subs: Taylor-Fletcher, Fox, Baptiste, Kabba, Gow

CHARLTON: Weaver, Bailey, Hudson, Gray, Gillespie, Semedo, Fortune, Cranie, Bouazza, Burton, McEveley.

Subs: Holland, Dickson, Sam, Elliot, McLeod.

REF: Michael Jones (Cheshire)