HERE’S your chance to cross the finish line at the Olympic Stadium – ahead of the world’s fastest man, Usain Bolt.
For Gazette readers are today being given a once in a lifetime opportunity to take part in the first ever public event in the Olympic Stadium.
We have 10 places to give away for The National Lottery Olympic Park Run which will take place on March 31 and give participants the chance to cross the stadium finish line before any of the medal hopefuls.
Some 5,000 members of the public will take part in the five-mile run – the first public event to be staged in the magnificent Olympic Stadium.
The event will celebrate the contribution of The National Lottery and its players to London 2012. It is open to anyone aged 16 or over and of any running ability.
The course will cross the Olympic Park and offer access on a scale not yet experienced by the public.
And the route will pass alongside the other iconic Olympic and Paralympic Games venues which The National Lottery has helped fund and where many elite athletes’ dreams of London 2012 success will be realised just a few months later.
A National Lottery spokeswoman said: “As a celebration of the £2.2bn National Lottery players will contribute towards the staging of London 2012, we have secured the once in a lifetime chance for the public to run on the track which the world’s elite athletes will compete on.”
The National Lottery is contributing funding to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, including venues and infrastructure.
From 2006 to 2013 The National Lottery is providing in excess of £310m to support potential Team GB and Paralympics GB athletes as they prepare for London 2012 and beyond.
The run will end on the home straight in the spectacular Olympic Stadium.
Hoping to cross the finish line first will also be a host of former and current Olympic and Paralympic athletes as well as celebrity runners.
Everyone taking part will get a computer chip timing for an accurate running time, a souvenir finisher’s medal, on-course refreshments, branded T-shirt to run in and a finisher’s pack – along with two spectator tickets for family or friends to take their seat in the Olympic Stadium itself.
To be in with a chance of winning, answer the following question: Who is the fastest man in the world over 100m? Send you answer with your name, address, e-mail address, age and telephone number to: Olympic Stadium Competition, Blackpool Gazette, Avroe House, Avroe Crescent, Blackpool Business Park, Blackpool, FY4 2DP The deadline for entries is 9am, Wednesday March 14.
The first 10 people picked at random will each receive a place to run and a spectator pass for two people to come along and cheer them on.
Since The National Lottery Olympic Park Run is a physical challenge you should consider your level of fitness before entering. All winners must redeem their prize by 9am on March 16.
By entering this competition all entrants agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms”) and the General Conditions of Entry applicable to The National Lottery Olympic Park Run, available at here
1. The competition is open to UK and Isle of Man residents aged 16 or over excluding employees of the Camelot Group of Companies*, the National Lottery Commission, the Blackpool Gazette and their immediate families.
2. The competition runs from 7 March until 9am on 14 March 2012
3. No purchase is necessary.
4. The first 10 correct answers to be picked at random will be the winners. The winners will be notified by phone or via e-mail by The Blackpool Evening Gazette. The Blackpool Evening Gazette will provide winner details (names and email addresses) to Camelot and on receipt Camelot will be responsible for sending an email to each of the ten winners by 3pm, 14 March 2012 which will contain a hyperlink which winners must click on, register a new user account and enter in their contact details and information related to their participation in the run. On completion each winner will then be sent a further email to confirm both their place on The National Lottery Olympic Park Run and associated spectator pass for two people. Winners must redeem their prize by 9am, 16 March 2012.
5. Winners will receive free entry into TNLOPR. Each winner will also receive two spectator passes which will allow access to the Olympic Stadium only, to watch TNLOPR.
6. The winning places are non-transferable and there will be no cash alternative.
7. The winners and their two spectator guests must arrange their own travel and accommodation in relation to participation in and attendance at TNLOPR, and will be responsible for the costs of such travel and accommodation as well all other costs associated with participation in and attendance at TNLOPR.
8. Camelot shall bear no responsibility for the winner’s participation in the TNLOPR or spectator’s attendance at the Olympic Stadium. Winners are responsible for obtaining any insurance they require to participate in TNLOPR.
9. All winners will be asked to participate in publicity to promote the event.
10. Newspaper specific terms and conditions of entry may apply. In the event of a conflict between those specific terms and conditions and these Terms, these Terms will take priority.
11. Entries not complying with these Terms will not be valid.
12. No correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter’s decision is final.
13. The promoter is: The Blackpool Gazette, Avroe House, Avroe Crescent, Blackpool Business Park, Blackpool, FY4 2DP.
*Camelot Group of Companies means Camelot UK Lotteries Limited (whose registered address is Tolpits Lane, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 9RN), Camelot Business Solutions Limited, Camelot Strategic Solutions Limited, Camelot Global Services Limited and Camelot Commercial Service Limited, all companies registered in England.