Bathroom fall death of Cyprus-bound gran-to-be

Jacqueline Ingham

Jacqueline Ingham

0
Have your say

The family of a Blackpool woman who was found dead in her home has told how she was planning a new life with her daughter in Cyprus.

Jacqueline Maria Ingham was also looking forward to becoming a grandmother for the first time.

Cyprus

Cyprus

Miss Ingham, 44, had been to Cyprus to visit her daughter, Jade Lofthouse, just before her death on April 30, and was planning to move there permanently.

An inquest at Blackpool Town Hall heard yesterday she indulged in a cocktail of drink and drugs after returning to her home on Morley Road, South Shore.

Friends told police they heard a thud in the early hours of the morning and found her unconscious on the bathroom floor.

They took her to bed, where she was found dead the following morning.

Miss Ingham’s sister, Karen Cannings, said: “She was really excited about being a grandma.

“She was such a loving and bubbly person, and she was very determined. Anything she wanted, she got.

“She was a really popular person, and she’ll be missed by a lot of people.”

Miss Ingham moved to Morley Road from Highbank Avenue in Marton three months ago to save money for Cyprus.

Toxicology reports showed Miss Ingham had a potentially fatal amount of amphetamine in her blood, mixed with a high level of another, lesser known methamphetamine called 4-meth.

She had also taken cocaine and drunk alcohol.

The fall in the bathroom caused blood clotting in her brain, which could have also caused her death.

Recording a narrative verdict, Blackpool and Fylde Senior Coroner Alan Wilson said: “Jacqueline Ingham died as a result of suffering a serious head injury when she fell in the toilet of the home in which she was residing after ingesting a significant quantity of amphetamine and 4-meth.”